We will only collect information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our contact details are listed below. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact:
Data Controller is Child Mental Health Charter Organiser at: email@example.com
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable national law.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about individuals or organisations who have supported the campaign. The personal data we process is only the information that you have given as part of your support of the campaign. Information related to the browser or device you use to access our web site including:
- your name
- your email
- your organisation
- your job title
- your comments/suggestions
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our web site;
- internet browser cookies and operating system data;
- and/or any other information you provide
2. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in section 1 above for the following purposes:
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting CMHC legitimate professional interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our web site or our products or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our web site; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our web sites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, content, services and web sites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws;
4. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
In the case of any contact you may have with our support services team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for two years after the query is closed.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require CMHC to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
5. Where are my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country's data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place.
6. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it. You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
7. Where can I find more information about CMHC handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about CMHC's processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights, you can contact CMHC's Data Controller using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Issued: March 30th, 2019